Selling on e-commerce marketplaces is a great way to expand your online business and reach a broader audience. You can also make more sales with less effort as you let the marketplace take care of shipping, payment processing, and customer service.
However, if you're new to selling on these sites or just want to learn more about them, here are some of the best e-commerce YouTube channels that will teach you how to start selling on e-commerce marketplaces.
If you're looking for tips on how to run your e-commerce business or just want to see some great examples of effective online stores, then YouTube is a great place to start. There are plenty of expert e-commerce YouTube channels on the platform, and we've put together a list of our favorites.
What Is E-Commerce?
First, let's start with a quick definition of e-commerce. E-commerce is the process of buying and selling goods and services online. It covers a vast range of activities, from retail transactions to business-to-business deals and everything in between.
Casual e-commerce can be done through several channels, including creating websites, mobile apps, social media platforms, and even marketplaces.
Why You Should Sell On E-Commerce Marketplaces
There are many reasons why you should sell on e-commerce marketplaces, including the following.
- You can reach a broader audience. There are millions of buyers on these sites, and the more diverse your audience is, the better. You could be selling to people worldwide with just one listing on an e-commerce marketplace.
- You can make more sales with less effort. E-commerce marketplaces take care of a lot of the logistics for you, including payment processing, shipping, and customer service. This means that you can focus on selling your products and making more sales.
- You don't have to worry about shipping or customer service. There's nothing worse than when you ship a product and it gets damaged during shipping, or the customer has an issue and wants to return the product. With e-commerce marketplaces, they take care of all of that for you! All you have to do is upload your products, and they take care of everything else.
- E-commerce marketplaces make listings management easy. It's hard to manage every listing on every site, especially when there are so many different platforms like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc. But with these sites, you can create a profile and then list your products right there without having to log in multiple times.
- You can get access to a more extensive customer base. The more platforms you sell on, the more potential customers you have. This is especially true for marketplaces like eBay and Amazon, two of the world's largest e-commerce sites.
- E-commerce marketplaces offer great marketing strategies and opportunities. These marketplaces are a great way to market your products to a larger audience. They have built-in search engines and marketing tools to help you reach more buyers.
The Journey To Selling On E-Commerce Marketplaces
Now that we know a bit more about e-commerce marketplaces, let's look at the journey to selling on them. There are a few different steps you need to take to get started.
Choose The Right Marketplace
Not all marketplaces are created equal, so it's essential to choose the one that is best suited for your business. Do some research and decide which site will work best for you.
Set Up An Account And List Your Products
Once you've chosen a marketplace, set up an account and start listing your products. It's important to make sure your listings are complete and accurate, as this will help increase your chances of making a sale.
Market Your Products
Once your products are listed, it's time to start marketing them. This can be done through social media, online ads, and even word-of-mouth.
Ship Your Products And Get Paid
Once a buyer has made a purchase, it's time to ship the product and get paid. Most marketplaces will send you payment once the product has been delivered and the buyer is satisfied.
YouTube Channels To Learn How To Sell On E-Commerce Marketplaces
Some YouTube channels can teach you how to sell on e-commerce marketplaces.
Additionally, if you're new to selling on these sites or just want to learn more about them, YouTube is a great resource. Several channels can teach you how to start selling on e-commerce marketplaces. SaleHoo TV, for example, is a channel that offers interactive tutorials on how to sell on popular sites like Amazon and eBay.
Many YouTubers will also offer helpful tips in their videos about increasing your sales with digital marketing techniques such as increased search engine rankings and content marketing.
If you're new to the process, here are some great channels to start with:
The Online Selling Experiment
This channel discusses the ins and outs of selling online. They also give out terrific digital marketing tips for small business owners on launching their own e-commerce business.
Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms, and its YouTube channel is packed with helpful information for entrepreneurs. They have a wide range of videos on setting up an online store, marketing your business, and using Shopify's features.
The Selling Family
The Selling Family is a channel run by a couple who sells products online full-time. They have a huge range of videos on product research, sourcing suppliers, drop shipping, and building an online brand.
AliExpress is a website where you can buy products directly from Chinese manufacturers, and their YouTube channel is full of helpful tutorials and product reviews. If you're looking for inspiration for your next e-commerce project, then AliExpress TV is definitely worth checking out.
eBay Seller Tools
eBay is another popular e-commerce platform, and its YouTube channel is packed with tips and advice for eBay sellers. They have videos on everything from setting up an eBay store to creating effective listings.
EtsySuccess is a channel dedicated to helping Etsy sellers be successful entrepreneurs. They have videos on topics such as marketing your shop, building a brand, and improving your Etsy search ranking.
Shopify Unite is a channel run by the team at Shopify. It's packed with videos from the latest Shopify conferences, covering topics such as creating an effective e-commerce strategy, using social media for business, and building a successful online store.
BigCommerce is another popular e-commerce platform. Its YouTube channel is filled with helpful videos on setting up your store, marketing your products, and using BigCommerce's features.
The eCommerce Coach
The eCommerce Coach is a channel run by two entrepreneurs who teach people how to start and grow their e-commerce businesses. They have videos on product research, building a website, and online marketing.
Foxy Commerce is a channel created by two friends passionate about e-commerce. Their videos are packed with valuable tips and advice for entrepreneurs, and they cover topics such as product selection, branding, and social media marketing.
This channel is run by SaleHoo, which provides tools and training for online sellers. They have videos on topics such as finding products to sell, building a sales funnel, and using social media for business.
Shopify Masters is a channel created by Shopify's head of design. It's packed with interviews, case studies, and tutorials from some of the world's top e-commerce entrepreneurs.
The $100 Startup
The $100 Startup is a channel created by Chris Guillebeau, author of “The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future.” It's packed with interviews and advice from entrepreneurs who have success stories on a shoestring budget.
Dropshipping TV is a channel created by Oberlo, a company that helps entrepreneurs start their dropshipping stores. Their videos are packed with helpful tips and advice for anyone looking to start a dropshipping business.
Blackbelt Commerce is a channel created by two entrepreneurs who have built successful e-commerce businesses. Their videos are packed with helpful tips and advice for entrepreneurs, and they cover topics such as product research, branding, and social media marketing.
Entrepreneur On Fire
Entrepreneur on Fire is a channel created by John Lee Dumas, author of the best-selling book, “The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It." It's packed with interviews and advice from some of the world's top entrepreneurs.
Internet Marketing Ninjas
Internet Marketing Ninjas is a channel created by two of the world's leading experts on internet marketing. Their videos are packed with helpful tips and advice for entrepreneurs and business owners who want to improve their online marketing skills.
Hubspot TV is a channel created by HubSpot, a company that helps businesses grow their traffic, convert leads, and increase sales. Their videos are packed with helpful tips and advice for entrepreneurs and business owners who want to improve their marketing skills.
Additionally, Hubspot is an inbound marketing platform that offers a suite of applications to help you with content creation, social media, and SEO.
What You Should Know About E-Commerce Marketplaces
You should know a few things about e-commerce marketplaces before you start selling on them. Here are the most important things to keep in mind:
- Not all marketplaces are created equal. Some marketplaces (such as Amazon and eBay) have a huge audience of buyers, while others (such as Etsy and Shopify) are specifically for handmade or small businesses. Choose the marketplace that's right for your business.
- You'll need to comply with the marketplace's rules and regulations. Most marketplaces have their own set of rules governing what sellers can and can't do. Make sure you read these rules carefully and understand them thoroughly before you start selling.
- You'll need to compete with other sellers. When you're selling on a marketplace, you compete with other sellers for buyers' attention. This can be tough, but it's also a great opportunity to learn from your competitors and see what works well in your industry.
- You'll need to pay fees. Almost all marketplaces charge sellers some form of fee. These fees can range from a percentage of each sale to a fixed monthly or annual fee. Make sure you understand the fees involved before you start selling.
- You'll need to ship orders yourself. When you sell on a marketplace, you're responsible for shipping the products to your buyers. This means you'll need to have a good system in place for packing and shipping orders quickly and efficiently.
- You'll need to handle customer service yourself. Marketplaces don't provide customer service, so you'll need to handle all customer inquiries and complaints yourself. This can be a lot of work, but it's also an opportunity to build relationships with your buyers and create a loyal customer base.
- You'll need to track your sales and performance. Most marketplaces provide sellers with tools to help them track their sales and performance. Make sure you familiarize yourself with these tools and use them to monitor your progress.
- You'll need to comply with the marketplace's terms of service. As mentioned earlier, most marketplaces have their own set of rules governing what sellers can and can't do. Make sure you read these rules carefully and understand them fully before you start selling.
E-commerce marketplaces are an excellent way to increase your sales without many risks. You can sell on these sites without inventory or worry about fulfillment.
Marketplaces are a great way to increase your sales without many risks. By selling on marketplaces, you can access a large audience of buyers without investing in building your e-commerce website.
You'll need to comply with the marketplace's rules and regulations, but most marketplaces provide sellers with tools to help them track their sales and performance.
Selling on marketplaces can be a lot of work, but it's also a great way to build relationships with your buyers and create a loyal customer base. Make sure you understand the rules and regulations involved before you start selling so you can avoid any penalties.
Thank you for reading! We hope this article has helped you learn more about the top e-commerce YouTube channels.